Wednesday, December 9, 2009

a few hours with no power

Monday night around 5:30 pm the power went out as I was making dinner. I had planned to make some chicken and rice soup. My mouth watered just thinking of it. The power went out and I was trying to figure out what to have for dinner. I had chicken in water to boil. I took that out and put it on the Barbe. It was cold outside, in the teens or lower. It was taking a long time to cook because of the cold. I had to get a flashlight to look at the chicken to see if it was done. I felt like I was outside for half and hour but probably more like 15 minutes. While the chicken was grilling I had tortillas in foil on the BBQ warming up. So we ended up having Grilled Chicken Burritos. It was great. We ate dinner by candle light.

We then had family night by candle light. Leah told the story about Santa telling families to teach their children the meaning of Christmas things. We had different candles around the house and different scents. I didn't have any dessert except Ice cream.

Jessie cleaned the kitchen by candle light. I had an oil lamp and it made great light. I crocheted a slipper since that is what everyone is getting for Christmas.

It was starting to get a little cold by the time the power went on. It was off for 2 hours. It was nice and quiet. Surprising how noise electronic things are.

1 comment:

  1. It's nice every once in awhile to get that little break, isn't it? Maybe that's why we all love Baumgartners so much!

    ReplyDelete